MSU Safe Place relies on support from individuals and community organizations to meet the needs of the survivors we serve. The following are ways that you can help support our mission:
- Make a financial contribution. You can find more information about MSU Safe Place endowments and other giving opportunities here.
- Do you shop at Kroger? If so, you can support us every time you shop! Visit Kroger Community Rewards. Either create an account or re-enroll. Enter NPO number “QL633” or “Michigan State University Safe Place” when prompted. To verify you are enrolled, you should see “Michigan State University Safe Place” on the right side of the page.
- Donate items from our needs list. Please call or e-mail us to ensure that items are still needed or to inquire about special needs that may not be listed.
- Coordinate a collection of personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies with your office, church or community group. These items will be used by residents of our shelter.
- Donate used cell phones, iPods and iPads. In partnership with Shelter Alliance, MSU Safe Place is able to recycle these items and raise needed funds for our program.
- Help us educate the community by scheduling a program for your student group, church/community organization, staff gathering or any other group you may be involved in. You can find out more about community education opportunities here.
- Participate in our annual Race for the Place 5K as a runner, walker or volunteer! The race is held annually in April.
- Help make the holidays a little brighter by participating in our Adopt-a-Family Program. Contact Alyssa for more information at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (517) 432-9570.