Race For the Place:
20 Reasons to Chip in $20 More
1. MSU Safe Place has been serving the MSU and Greater Lansing communities for 25 years!
2. MSU Safe Place provides advocacy, emergency shelter, counseling, support groups, safety planning, information and referrals to survivors of violence and their minor children.
3. All services are free due to support from campus/community members like you!
4. Approximately 35-50 adults and children receive shelter at Safe Place each year.
5. In 2018, MSU Safe Place provided 3,107 days of safe shelter.
6. Approximately 80-100 individuals receive counseling, support groups, and/or advocacy services every year.
7. You can help others by donating and you can help yourself by running. Everyone benefits!
8. MSU Safe Place provides career development/service opportunities to 10-15 volunteers and 8-10 interns annually.
9. MSU Safe Place offers a scholarship to students affected by domestic violence.
10. A donation of $20 could provide a bus pass for a student, a replacement birth certificate, or a gas card.
11. In December 2018, Safe Place provided gifts and essential items to almost 100 adults and children through the Holiday Adopt-a-Family program.
12. MSU Safe Place works to increase awareness of domestic violence and stalking through community education, outreach efforts, expert witness training, professional trainings and consultation.
13. In 2018, over 20,000 people attended Safe Place community education events.
14. MSU Safe Place works closely with collaborative campus and community partners on training and systems change efforts to benefit survivors in our community.
15. An estimated 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience domestic violence in their lifetimes.
16. Approximately 6.6 million people in the U.S. are stalked each year; 41-66% of these cases are related to domestic violence.
17. Family members, friends, coworkers and others can also receive support from MSU Safe Place.
18. Each donation of $20 you make enters you in a raffle to win great prizes!
19. Sparty loves MSU Safe Place!
20. You have the power to help make a difference. Thank you for your support!